Hearty and earthy sausage recipe you can feel good about.
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced apple
- 2 tablespoons finely minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely minced fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large bowl, mix together turkey, apple, onion, sage, thyme, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper.
2. Make eight patties from the turkey mixture.
3. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
4. Brown the patties for 3–4 minutes on each side, until firm to the touch.
5. Store leftovers in an airtight glass container in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Servings 4
- Nutritional Amount per Serving:
- Calories: 212
- Protein: 25g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: trace