There’s nothing more delightful than a hearty soup that has been simmering all day!
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 (14oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5oz) cans Hunt’s fire roasted diced tomatoes, with juice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional garnishes: chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado, green onion, shredded cheese, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
1. Add all ingredients to a slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook for 3 hours on high heat or 6 hours on low heat.
2. Serve the soup warm with desired toppings.
Note – This soup will keep in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 4 days or freeze it for up to 2 months in a freezer container.
- Servings: 6
- Nutritional Amount per Serving (without garnishes):
- Calories: 207
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Dietary Fiber: 11g