A delicious breakfast hash that combines sweet and savory ingredients to fill you up!
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 12 brussel sprouts (around 1lb) sliced in half
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced into 1” pieces (roughly 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- Crispy Maple-Glazed Sage (optional)
- 3-4 tbsp fresh sage (chopped)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
1. Heat coconut oil on medium-high heat.
2. Add the brussels sprouts, face down, and let them caramelize around 4 minutes.
3. Add the sweet potatoes, cinnamon and salt. Toss to coat in the oil and cook until tender, another 3-4 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to medium and add the diced apples. Let cook another 2-3 minutes.
5. Serve immediately.
6. If adding the crispy maple-glazed sage, remove the contents from the pan and wipe clean. Then add the 1 tsp coconut oil and pure maple syrup to the pan over medium-high heat. Add the sage leaves and cook 1-2 minutes, then remove the sage and serve over the hash.
- Servings: 4
- Nutritional Amount per Serving (without the crispy maple sage):
- Calories: 319
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g