Heart-healthy salmon with roasted red peppers and vegetables is always a crowd pleaser!
- 2 salmon fillets, skin on
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 4 oz. roasted red peppers, diced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1⁄2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup ground nutritional yeast
- 1⁄4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
1. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook the salmon fillets flesh side down first, for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Once cooked, remove them from the pan and set aside.
3. To the same pan, add coconut oil and garlic. Cook for 1 minute, add the roasted peppers, and cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Add the spinach and allow it to wilt.
5. Reduce the heat to low, and add coconut milk, nutritional yeast, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir and bring to a simmer.
6. Return the salmon to the pan and spoon the sauce over each fillet.
7. Serve with cauliflower rice or vegetables.
- Servings: 2
- Nutritional Amount per Serving:
- Calories: 529
- Protein: 40g
- Fat: 34g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Dietary Fiber: 7g